I'm a Finnish guy aged something like 20+, who likes to travel. I'm studying economics in one of the universities over here and i'm really enjoying life with good food, nice people and a totally new enviroment.

This blog will be about everyday occurances from my life here. Some travel and also things i observe and my favourite part, all the bizarre things that will happen to you while being in a foreign country. Because there are alot of them, in reality they might not be bizarre but coming from a totally different background they can be, and alot so.

perjantai 9. marraskuuta 2012

Doi Mae Salong, Part one

Mae salong view 01
Santhikiri is a small town situated about 70 km away from the city of Chiang Rai. The word Doi means 'mountain' in the northern Thai dialect. And Santhikiri is up in the hills and between all the surrounding mountains and valleys of the area called Doi Mae Salong.

I started my journey to Santhikiri quite early in the morning and while the distance is not too long i had a fair share of stops, the first ones for morning coffee on the roadside and the other stops just to take pictures, observe the absolutely stunning surroundings or just because i simply could not drive further with the risk of dying for the reason of not being able to keep my eyes on the road.

The roads are in an absolutely top-notch condition and it was a pleasure to drive but the curves and the upward/downward slopes were quite difficult to handle for a fairly cautious driver like me. I did however enjoy it alot, and after awhile i felt more comfortable and realized how i should drive. I also heard a ridiculous story about how people actually drive there. Slowly on the straights and very fast in the curves because they blamed the curves for the accidents because of the bad sight. So the logic was that if you drive fast in the curves there's not enough time for accidents to happen. Confusing and I'm not sure if it's true but I'm confident there's many accidents happening in this area.

To be continued...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti